[Update: 3 March 2021] Applications are now closed as the three positions are filled. Thanks for your interest and stay tuned as we might have other opportunities in the future in sha Allah.
The Research Center for Islamic Legislation and Ethics (CILE) is recruiting three Researchers to support CILE faculty in the ongoing and future research ventures and projects of the Center and related initiatives.
Qualifications & Required Skills
The ideal candidate for the “Researcher” position is a graduate student or junior researcher, with:
- B.A or M.A. degree
- Background study and/or strong interest in the broad field of Islamic Ethics or related fields
- Demonstrated proficiency in both English and Arabic
- Experience in research and publication management will be an advantage
- Evidence of excellent writing skills
- Ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications
- Articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
The tasks of the Researcher will mainly consist of assisting CILE faculty in research projects and related activities within the Center. As examples, tasks will include:
- Help prepare research proposals, and associated budget, intended for national and international funding agencies
- Assist in and support the planning, execution and submission of research projects
- Collect sources, digitalize material and analyze data to achieve the most optimal solution for research projects
- Perform day-to-day research management activities and facilitate communication among CILE faculty including collaboration with outside researchers and institutions
- Help prepare reports, presentations and build databases related to research ventures and activities, including seminars and annual international conferences
- Help in the professional editing and proofreading of research reports, papers and articles to be published in academic and refereed journals and conference proceedings
- Maintain and develop networks and relationships in the research community and academic publishers, especially those with interest and expertise in the field of Ethics
Workload and Stipend
- This is an almost one-year full-time job (contract will continue till the end of 2021)
- The annual stipend is competitive and in accordance with the HBKU payment scales
- Please note that this job does not grant sponsorship for the accepted candidate or any other extra benefits. So, applicants need to be living in Qatar and in possession of a Qatari ID
How to submit?
Please send an updated CV and Cover Letter to:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
The Research Center for Islamic Legislation and Ethics (CILE) is an academic center based in the College of Islamic Studies, Hamad Bin Khalifa University in Qatar, with international orientation and an ambitious research agenda. One of CILE’s key instruments to achieve its Vision and Mission is producing original, high-quality, impactful and interdisciplinary research in the emerging field of Islamic Ethics, including research engaging with fields like Arts, Economics, Education, Environment, Food, Gender, Media, Biomedical Sciences, Migration & Human Rights, Politics and Psychology. In this regard, CILE has established the peer-reviewed Journal of Islamic Ethics and the book-series Studies in Islamic Ethics, both published by Brill.