CILE Winter School on Applied Islamic Ethics
6-9 January 2020
Open for Local and International Applicants
This is the first edition of CILE Winter School on Applied Islamic Ethics. It is a four-day intensive course meant to improve the knowledge of the prospective participants about the recent developments in the field of Islamic Ethics as part of the broad discipline of Islamic Studies. The course is taught by CILE faculty who both teach in the recently established M.A. program “Applied Islamic Ethics” conduct research in the Research Center for Islamic Legislation & Ethics (CILE), and run the Journal of Islamic Ethics and the book-series Studies in Islamic Ethics, both published by Brill.
This intensive course covers various themes including Scriptural Ethics, Philosophical and Sufi Ethics, Legal Ethics, Biomedical Ethics in addition to Migration and Human Rights Ethics. For more information about the program and the teaching faculty, please read the following document.
What We Offer
Accepted applicants will receive the following benefits whose costs will be covered by CILE:
- Hotel accommodation and food throughout the course
- Sightseeing around Doha and getting to know the hosting institutions; CILE, College of Islamic Studies (CIS), Hamad bin Khalifa University
- A “Reader” including the reading assignments and articles to be used throughout the course.
- Certificate upon successful completion of the course
Accepted applicants will be given a Reader with all the reading materials. Each successful applicant is expected to prepare well for the Winter School, by going through these materials in advance and by engaging in interactive discussions throughout the course.
Application, Deadline and Contacts
- (a) your short CV and,
- (b) a statement (max. 500 words) explaining your educational background, motivation for taking the course, how you think this course can help you in your future plans,
- (c) before 15 December 2019.
Interested applicants can send the two documents to this email " WinterSchool @ cilecenter . org " (remove spaces)
>> Please note that only the applications received before 15 December 2019 through this e-mail account will be considered.
If you have any questions about the content of the Winter School, please contact: